|Products and Services:||607|
|Articles and publications:||82|
|Tenders & Vacancies:||0|
What is causing QuickBooks Error 1603
Error number 1603 can also occur when QuickBooks as a software has been installed incorrectly or installation of some of the files went bad or got corrupted, this can be easily fixed but before we do that we have to find out what caused the corruption
Error number 1603 could be caused when intuit QuickBooks as a software has been installed incorrectly or system installation app(Windows Installer) has been corrupted.
Intuit payroll service is one of the things that uses QuickBooks as updates. It is also possible these updates were not installed on Payroll system. QuickBooks system are specifically designed to work in tandem with Windows updates so it is advised that user should also check Windows updates.
QuickBooks as a financial software has been designed to be able to use by more than one user. This means same company file can be in use by multiple people. This feature is known as Multiuser Mode.
For checking if system is in multi user mode click on File > Switch to Multi User mode. It is highly advisable to check your license as additional user license would be required to make it work.
· QuickBooks Pro 3 Users
· QuickBooks Premier 5 Users
· QuickBooks Enterprise 30 Users
To check what caused this error we have to follow these steps.
· Start > Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Event Viewer
Open application tab and find all or any error related to QuickBooks. These even would have all information regarding which module is causing the crash. This module could be either Windows or intuit related
· Installation media could have been corrupted leading to the error on Windows Installer.
· Microsoft Windows registry have entries regarding all system installation. In many cases when user is using 3rd party system cleanup utilities. These entries could be deleted. This is the major cause of error in QuickBooks. User should call us or create regular backup before any such system cleanup.
· Windows as a computer has infection causing different system files to crash or create unwanted logs. It is advisable to have working Antivirus software and clean the computer regularly.
It is always advisable that user should call us before any steps are performed or in case users are not comfortable in following given steps.
In case you need further clarification, feel free to call us at 1-800-925-1564.